Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oscar Watch: "Beasts of the Southern WIld"

Beasts of the Southern Wild
Nominated for: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress (Quvenzhane Wallis)

Welcome to this year's Winter's Bone. A boring as heck movie set in a more rural setting, with some wild animals mixed in, and some nonsense involving dancing with random women in some strip club or party or something. I have no clue. The whole movie is like some weird dream you have, and wake up and feel dumb for wasting your time dreaming it.

I'm being a bit harsh. It had something to do with Katrina, and a young girl and her dad. The dad's actually a pretty good character, who sacrificed certain things for his daughter, knowing he's going to die. The girl, Hushpuppy, acts well also. I just don't get the point of the film. I guess the beasts symbolize something. About how her world may come crashing down? But she maintains control in the end? I just don't care.

The movie is boring. Why it was nominated for best picture, I can't understand. And they took the best director nomination from Affleck (at least he got the golden globe) to give it to Zeitlin? Waste, waste, waste. I don't want to talk about this waste of time anymore. I hope it wins nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home