Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oscar Watch: "The Pirates: Band of Misfits"

The Pirates: Band of Misfits
Nominated for: Best Animated Film

I thought it was a dodo! Sometimes Oscar surprises you with good choices, and this is an prime example. This movie looked pretty lame from the trailers. But in reality, it's a wonderfully animated, heartfelt, unique animated film. Different from Pixar and Disney. Very enjoyable to watch. Loved the story, the characters, humor, plot. Really a fun watch. I hope it gets some recognition at the oscars this year. Really a joy of a film. I didn't think I'd like the animation, but it really works, and works well. The humor, especially Mr. Bobo, was so on point. And I never expected to see Charles Darwin. Nice! Definitely glad I saw it. Almost makes up for sitting through the painful beasts of the southern wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home