Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Watch: "Beginners"

"Beginners"
Directed by:
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer
Nominations: Best Supporting Actor

"Beginners" is a story about a father coming out at age 75, and his death, and his son dealing with those events in the context of a new romance with a French girl. Overall, the story is ho-hum, and rather boring. Plummer, nominated for his acting, played the role well, but to me, it wasn't anything spectacular. I didn't feel the pain he likely felt hiding his true identity for so long during his marriage, at least hiding it from his son. I didn't feel much from the film; maybe I was tired, or maybe I just can't relate to it. Either way, it would be nice to see Plummer win just because he's a star from long ago, but the movie itself was barely decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home