Saturday, February 25, 2012

What I Love About Movies

This post at AICN was all about what people love about the movies. I liked the way it was set out, not as an essay, but statements, short thoughts about the moments that make movies special. In the spirit of carrying it forward, here's part of what I love about movies (and TV), and I expect it to be an ongoing list.

Because size matters not.

Because its called a royale with cheese

Because you've got a friend in me.

Because you can boldly go where no man, no one, has gone before.

Because of WALL-E

Because the artist brought back the "magic" of movies

Because of Billy Crystal's opening montages

Because the prequels don't suck

Because of pixar and "toy story 3"

Because I wanna know how he got those scars

Because the scariest film I've seen is "requiem"

Because of shaken, not stirred

Because I drink your milkshake

Because you'll believe a man can fly

Because of allonsy and geronimo

Because of 5/25/77

Because of hakuna matata

Because of my precious

Because you've never had a friend like me

Because of top men.... top men

Because you gotta razzle dazzle em

Because soylent green is people

Because of the statue of liberty and the rise of Caesar

Because the truth is, I am iron man

Because you learn to pick yourself up

Because the force is strong with this one

Because of spider-man's comic book brought to life feeling

Because of the ROTJ feeling

Because of adrian! adrian!

Because of the DVAS

Because the worst virus is an idea

Because Beethoven and violence goes so well with milk

Because this is podracing

Because I'm a very manly muppet

Because life is like a box of chocolates

Because of the red pill and the blue pill

Because of the exorcist

Because Phelps was the bad guy

Because he saw dead people

Because Audrey Hepburn is quite stunning on screen

Because of dip, duck, dive, dodge.... and dodge

Because of those stevie wonders

Because of Rorschach's journal

Because of the lilies of the valley which poisoned Brock

Because of the deadly viper assassination squad

Because it transports you to new worlds, new places, and new adventures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home