Friday, May 11, 2012

Avengers: The Second Viewing

So, today I saw "The Avengers" again, and it was a lot more conrehensible. In the sense that I could actually take in what was happening without being overwhelmed or cloudewd by that weird overhype apathy whatever feeling. And it remains a fantastic film. I really feel like the character work was so strong, especially Banner. I also think loki was done so well. I really need to watch it wit subtitles, because I missed some good lines regarding loki. But in the film, he even explains how he was living in his brothers shadow, not really being noticed; thor didn't seem t buy that as legit, however, calling it a perceived slight or something.

I also noticed some smaller details, like how tony put the decryption chip on the shield bridge. And, Hank Pym! No, just kidding about that one, but I love the character and would want to see him in the sequel, if not in his own film. But Banner was also done so well. We learn that he could never escape the beast, so you learn to live with what you have. You deal with the cards you're dealt. It's life. And I can relate to him, especially now, when I'm having a somewhat tough time deciding where I'm going career-wise.

 

I really love Hiddleston's performance. It's nuanced, and when he's talking to thor about stopping the war just as it begins, he says something boot it being too late. N you sense regret. But is it real? With him, you just don't know.

 

I also noticed the letters fall of the Stark Tower during the battle, i like that they paid attention to seemingly little details like that. The chitauri themselves seemed more mechanical than biological. They actually seemed biological until the point when they shut down with the control ship's destruction. I'm not quite sure how to explain that one.

 

And yeah.... that definitely looked like thanos now. And they referred to Thanos multiple times, not as himself, but as the guy in charge. The test the avengers is the court death, huh? Well then, I look forward to it. I also like how at the end, we don't know where they all went. The team comes as needed, and are now relatively untraceable. Well, maybe not, except for thor, and maybe Banner if he decides to peace out somewhere random again.

 

The music really is good. I love the theme, and especially after Banner hulks out and we see the team all together for the first time. The music had a CA vibe to it, moreso than any other previous hero theme especially during the helicarrier attack The battle itself was just too short But it was satisfying, just enough, like a good meal where you don't overstuff yourself. I love the camerawork on that one scene where we pan throughout the city, seeing each hero amidst the big battle. Overall, fantastic film, remains a such on a second viewing. Audiences laugh too much, though. .

 

After seeing it the first time, I had little desire to see any other film. It was just such an experience. It was such an overwhelming and. comprehensive film experience, I feel the desire to see movies overall temporarily diminished inside me. It grows on you over time, gets better the more you think about it, and may come to define the quintessential comic book film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home