Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Trailer Review: "Wreck-It Ralph"

Geektastic! was loosely interested in this film when I herd about its video game roots, but the trailer totally took me by surprise. I did not expect to see M. Bison, Zangief, and Bowser there! I love Pixar, but I am quite a bit more excited for this film than for Brave right now. This will hopefully resonate with people of my generation, I remember growing up playing SMB on the NES, seeing the gold Zelda cartridge at my cousin's house. This just looks fantastic, and maybe sometihng Pixar wouldn't do, using other people's properties to help tell a story. And no, Tortoro was a cameo, he doesn't count.

Man I love the utter creativity of animated films, or at least the potential. And that animated Jane Lynch looks so much like the real one. Disney animation is really doing a stellar job, with Bolt, Tangled, and now the potential theyre showing with this. Pixar is still tops to me, but to me, Pixar remains a film company. If Pixar is my main meal, Disney animation is my dessert. Maybe not as artfully crafted, thematically structure, and finely tuned, but at times more enjoyable, fun, and purely entertaining. Just like with superhero films, I am glad to be living in a time when animated films are being held to such high standards. And this is why it's hard to limit being a film fan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home