Sunday, May 20, 2012

"The Avengers," Round 3

So, I saw the film again a few hours ago. It's a lot, lot more easy to take in, as I know what's going on. The epic battle seems even shorter now, and I wish there were more to it, but I think they still found the happy medium between too little and overkill, aka transformers 3. This is probably the first movie I can't wait to see the DVD commentary for. Because, there are certain scenes that still confuse me. How was Black Widow compromised, and what's up with the red on her ledger? In the scene where the team were arguing with each other, how much of that was due to the scepter? Because thor especially says some rather uncharacteristic things, calling humans tiny or puny or something. The movie is still very enjoyable, and after reading annihilation, it's more fun to see Thanos standing there at the end. And after reading world war hulk, it's nice to see hulk there and know how truly powerful he can be. I hope I can see it in IMAX before it leaves. The only thing sad, and it's what I was concerned about before seeing it the second time, was that I'd lose the first time experience, which I did. That totally overwhelming, geekasm experience is understandably not as strong anymore, and I wish I could see it again as I had the first time. But the fact that I'm still noticing new things into my third viewing, like Pepper mentioning Coulson's cellist when he visits Stark Tower at the beginning, and the fact that the movie still is so enjoyable, I think shows how good it is. And at over 1.1 billion dollars to date, I'm not alone, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home