Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Watch: "The Help"

"The Help"
Directed by: Tate Taylor
Starring: Emma Stone, Viola Davis, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Octavia Spencer
Jessica Chastain
Nominations: Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress (x 2)

I saw "The Help" when it first came out; I think it's the first oscar film I saw before even considering it being on the awards circuit. Overall, it was a good, solid film. The acting was solid and believable, the story relatable and true, and the humor truly funny. Especially the pie. I'm glad the film was nominated, if only because it was the most popular mainstream film among the bunch. A chance at winning? Perhaps, but I still want "The Artist" to top it. I was still nice to see Stone step into a serious role, and also to bring to light this time in history via film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home